Dental Assisting Faculty/Program Coordinator
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center is searching for a Dental Assisting Faculty/Program Coordinator position to begin ASAP:
The Assistant Professor for EOC (10 months)/Coordinator, Dental Assisting Program will work within the Instructional Services Unit to manage the educational activities of the program and all students, classes and labs. The Program Coordinator will also be responsible for any applicable accreditation commission standards or agency regulations as well as all program policies and procedures including those stated in the catalog or available internally on the Center’s webpage.
In this position, you will:
• Oversee monitoring of students including those in online or blended classes.
• Advise students regarding academic progress in the program from enrollment to graduation.
• Assist with student orientations.
• Supervise externships and ensure all students receive appropriate and sufficient experience.
• Conduct all instructor observations as per policy and requirements.
• Assist with ongoing review and development of curricula.
• Ensure dental equipment is in proper working order and lab is sufficiently always stocked with consumables.
· * Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene, Science, Biology, Anatomy, or related field with 3 years of clinical experience.
· * Certified as a dental assistant (CDA) via the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
· * 3 years of experience as Dental Hygienist – Must pass Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam prior to employment.
· * Familiarity with computer applications including those used to manage dental offices.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· * Must be available to work weekends and evenings and have a strong working knowledge of best practices in field.
· * Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
· * Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
Master’s degree in Dental Hygiene, Science, Biology, Anatomy, or related field.
Teaching, education, and/or management experience
Experience in using online Learning Management System(s) to support education.
For a complete posting please access the following link: