Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The Eighth District Dental Society is following developments as they are released in regard to COVID-19.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and information is changing frequently. Please check back regularly for the most up-to-date information.
COVID Insurance Coverage Issues
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) may cause a respiratory illness with symptoms including fever, coughing and difficulty breathing. There is currently no vaccination to protect against COVID-19, or drugs to specifically treat the virus.
As a general reminder, the best prevention against respiratory illness is the following:
* Wash hands with soap and water frequently for or at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
* Stay home if you are sick.
* Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your sleeve, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Please check NYSDA, ADA, NYS Dept of Health and the CDC websites for additional information.